Friday, October 26, 2007

Save the trees, kill the children!

Sometimes I am just utterly amazed when I read the headlines on the news sites. Today we have some crazy woman accosting Condoleezza Rice with "blood" on her hand. She's protesting the war because obviously we're killing so many Iraqis now-a-days. No doubt aspects of the war in Iraq deserve some criticism. How are we going to pay for it? What's the plan to stabilize the region? Etc. But really, protesting their blood on our hands? How many Kurds did Saddam kill before we removed him from power? Where's your bleeding heart for them? It's like what is the current situation is the absolute worse possible. It doesn't matter if it's better than it was; right now is horrible! Then this inevitably leads to some 'impeach Bush' chant as if that's what impeachment was for. I guess whatever the Constitution says (i.e. the law of the land) is really irrelevant. Don't like em, impeach em!

Then we have more increases in taxes and increasing minimum wage. It doesn't take more than a high school level economics course to understand what minimum wage does. What happens when a price is artificially raised above equilibrium? There's less demand for that product/service. This is common sense. I guess the un-commonsense part of it is that in the employment area, this means less people employed. So let me try to wrap my head around this. Democrats, those supposed advocates for the poor, want this increased, yet it is going to put more of these unskilled workers out of a job. How is that really helping them? Putting them out of a job for a high sounding political statement is good? Really the motto should be: "more money for some, no jobs for others." LOL. I want to cry and laugh at the same time.

The last thing is all this talk about justice--bleeding heart liberals talking about justice. Casting crowns summarizes modern thinking well: "save the trees and kill the children." This is justice my friends: being zealous for a cause, while turning a blind eye to a much more reprehensible practice at the same time. Let's make sure we remove the death penalty for murderers, rapists, and the like too because that's morally reprehensible, and yet using government money to provide easy access to abortion clinics because that's a fundamental right. I hope the irony is obvious here. The lives of murderers, rapists--extremely violent criminals--are worth more than the lives of unborn children.

Just the talk about justice and morality by the American left sickens me these days. My question is simply, on what basis do you decide what's right and wrong when you're all raving humanists? If one thinks providing government welfare to the poor is more important than global warming, how is that conflict resolved? There's no standard, no basis for their "morality." I guess in the end that's why they have to be so loud about it. It is really just a shouting match. One opinion verses the other. If they don't already, one day they will all realize that their high sounding causes were just their opinions. Pontius Pilot had similar ideas: 'Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?" And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews, and said to them, "I find no fault in Him at all."' I guess I prefer to be in touch with reality.

5 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger kim said...

hi there! I have no idea if you'll read this. Especially since you posted this in 2007, and its now July 2008. Anyway, I'm a young American woman who is love with her Savior. Lately He's been hitting me hard. He keeps putting so many issues in America in my face that its crazy. He keeps reminding me that one woman took prayer out of school. I'm one woman. Maybe through me, He could get prayer back in. Maybe I could be his tool, and he could put an end to the over 48 million deaths in America. Abortion has resulted in more deaths than the Holocaust, more that Sudan. 48 million little lives have been taken away because we think we have the right to choose who lives and who dies. Who am I? Anyway, I don't know everything...I don't even know you. But you're profile says "reformed Christian," so I'm guessing that you love Jesus. I love Jesus and I want to be like him. He was a radical. Being a radical is scary to me, but if its what it takes to glorify him, to stand for him, then I'm willing to be a radical. So, anyways, I want to encourage you to stand and shine as the stars in the universe. Be his tool. Let's stop with all the talk, and start walking the walk.

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can we do to stop abortion? Write our elected officials, volunteer at pregnancy centers, tell people that God is not pleased with us? I hate the fact that it is easier to go get an abortion than to register for classes at a school! Is God's blessing going to be taken away from America or has it already? Are we on the downward slope? Is there hope for Americans to wake up? Or are we destined for Barrack Obama to be president with no possible way for passing legislation to overturn Roe vs. Wade?

Stand up and Fight!

Your brother in Christ,
Rob

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Kevin Welykholowa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Swinder said...

If you want to have a debate on the moral authority for making various judgments in different worldviews, then you have to be civil about it--otherwise your comment will be deleted since I can't edit them.

The reason I can make moral judgments with authority is not because I'm somehow better than you or smarter or whatever. The source of moral authority is the God who exists. As the creator of the universe, He has the right to set the laws. Those on the left make moral judgments without any reference to the real authority and many on the right make them too. Christians simply echo their maker's laws and that does have authority.

If you reject such authority, you will not be able to tell right from wrong at all. In fact, there will be no such thing, just majority opinions on what is "right" for today. In that system, we can genocide a race of man as long as the majority consents to it and no one can speak against it with any sort of true moral authority. Atheism leaves no hope for man as a moral creature; it is hence to be rejected as not in touch with the world as it is.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Andy said...

An abortion clinic recently opened very close to where I live and I can't stand the idea. I found your blog post when I was Googleling because I started a website, savethetreeskillthechildren.com based on the same idea. How insane is it that you can't cut down trees but you can take the lives of children? It's so frustrating that it's almost like most people just ignore the issue. I do think it can be changed though, and that's why we can't give up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home