Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A car analogy

In my conversation with the German today, I developed the following analogy for my life.

My life is very similar to the German’s car. His car was recently hit, and the rear bumper was damaged. Not as bad as it could have been, but the bumper did need to be replaced. I can tell you that he was definitely concerned about it. I’m sure he worried about how to get it fixed a lot before it was fixed.

Well sometimes, I view my life like that. Most of the big things seem to be working. I like my job, and where my career is going. I like my house; you always would like a bigger house, but this one is working well now. I don’t mind my car; it does well ;-) when there isn’t any snow. But I’m missing that significant other (to use a politically correct term). It is like that damaged bumper; it probably consumes more of my thoughts that it ought to. The car overall is running well; life is pretty good, but something is missing. I like my Church and friends here. Over all life is actually really good; I just wish I could fix that bumper...

Update: At the request of the German, here is a more accurate picture of my car (i.e. it has the same rims, although my car has red interior).

3 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those aren't the same wheels that you have on your car....

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Swinder said...

Is this better then?

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only if that car has a clear bra. I cant believe that you dont have a picture of your own car!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home