Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Reporters run amuck

The title is much worse than my comment actually is. Somehow, the NY Times got a hold of some of President Bush’s iPod playlist. Some quotes are in order:
As for an analysis of Mr. Bush's playlist, Mr. Levy of Rolling Stone started out with this: "One thing that's interesting is that the president likes artists who don't like him."

Wow, this is amazing isn’t it? If I only listened to the music by artists I agreed with, it would definitely be a slim selection. I don’t know that I even know of any Reformed/Presbyterian artists…
From CNN’s version:
The playlist does reveal a rather narrow range of babyboomer tunes. Writing in the London Times, Caitlin Moran noted: "No black artists, no gay artists, no world music, only one woman, no genre less than 25 years old, and no Beatles."

Way to make sure your political agenda gets into the news Caitlin! I’m sure that statement will fire up a liberal somewhere. Maybe I shouldn’t have even bother to comment on this--it is probably more than it deserves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home